Get your working with children check in Queensland:

In Queensland, the Working with children check (WWCC) is also referred to as a Blue Card – these names are used interchangeably and are the same thing.

Queensland has a very strict ‘No card, No start’ policy when working with children. This means you must have a completed WWCC prior to engaging in any work with a child. There are 16 regulated categories that require a working with children check and can be found here.

In order to apply for a Blue Card you will need a Customer Reference Number (CRN) issued by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR). This number can be found on any TMR issued product – such as a drivers license or proof of age card.

If you do not have a CRN you will need to go to a TMR customer service center with your ID and have your photo taken.

You will then need to create an account with Blue Card Services online, complete your application and pay the required fee.

You can apply for your blue card via a paper application here, but the processing time is much longer.

Once approved, you will be notified by email or post – you don’t need to wait for the physical blue card to arrive; as long as you have your WWCC number you can commence working.

The Blue Card is valid for 2 years and can be renewed, as long as it has not already expired. If it expires you will need to start a new application.

If you are working for an employer, they may need to connect your WWCC number to their organisation – and then disconnect you when you leave. You will be notified by SMS or email when you are connected to an organisation.

For further information about the Blue Card, contact Blue Card Services on 1800 113 611 or (07) 32116999 or email